Mountain Biking Class 2017
What:This class offered by Draper Parks & Recreation will be designed specifically for adult riders! Ever wanted to get into mountain biking after living in Draper but didn't feel you had the skill or knowledge? This class is for you! It will be a great course for beginner and intermediate skill levels.
Instructor is IMBA certified and very experienced in teaching MTB skills. This is a great opportunity for adults in our community to learn MTB skills in an adult setting and begin their journey on some of the best trails in the nation right here in Draper, Utah!
Great exercise and great company. Come exercise while you learn more about mountain biking including: climbing and downhill technique, pedaling, braking, obstacle, tips and tricks, etc. Come enjoy our beautiful outdoors with great company. 6:1 rider: instructor ratio.
Who:Adults 18 years old and older
When:Tuesday, May 16 through Friday, May 19
Classes & Times:
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Intermediate Class: 6:45 pm - 8:15 pm
- Both classes will include instruction on mountain bike fundamentals, basic trail side repairs, mountain bike awareness (including etiquette and nutrition). We will ride the pump tracks and short trail rides for the duration of the class.
Parks & Recreation Department
1020 E. Pioneer Rd. (12400 S.),
Enter from the west entrance of Draper City Hall (lower level)
Draper City, UT 84020
Email Recreation Department
Ph: (801) 576-6570Rainout Hotline
Ph: (801) 576-6570, Opt. 3
Link to Weather/Rain Out Information
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Like Us on Facebook
Draper Recreation Page
Where:Cycle Park and Corner Canyon Trails in Draper. Classes will meet at the Andy Ballard Arena (1600 E. Highland Dr. (13675 S.)) parking lot each date of program.
Registration:Opens: April 20, 2017. Closes May 10, 2017, or until full.
More classes may be added as needed. Please use the wait list, if class is full.
Online registration is available. Registration may also be done in person at the Draper Parks & Recreation Office (1020 E. Pioneer Rd., bottom floor, enter on the west side).
Required:Riders must have a GOOD working bike (does not have to be fancy or expensive) and a spare tube. Helmets are required, other bike protective gear is suggested. Must have close toed shoes.
Program Registration Refund Policy:
- A $10.00 bookkeeping fee is non-refundable for each program/registration.
- Refund requests made before the registration period/deadline has ended will receive a full refund minus the $10.00 bookkeeping fee.
- After the registration period/deadline has ended, a refund of 50% of program fee will be offered.
- No refunds will be offered once the program has started, beginning with the first class, first lesson, coaches meeting, etc.