Draper Days Parade - Saturday, July 15, 2017
Parade Application If you are interested in participating in the Draper Days parade, please fill out the Parade Application (see link below). This year we are limiting the total number of entries as well as the numbers of different types of entries. Please send your application in as soon as possible. The application deadline is Friday, July 1st, 2017.
- Online Parade Application and Payment www.drapercommunityfoundation.org/signup
Date & TimeThe Draper Days Parade will be held on Saturday, July 15, 2017. The parade starts promptly at 9 a.m. and runs for approximately two hours.
Parade RouteThe parade starts at the corner of Stokes Avenue and Fort Street and travels north on Fort Street and ends at the intersection of Fort Street and Pioneer. Please note: The parade will no longer go around the Draper Historic Park. This is Draper's largest parade and thousands of people attend this great community event! Parade Route Map (PDF)
Draper Days Co-Chair
Ph: (801) 759-6110
Office: (801) 610-9270
Political Parade Entries
Draper Days is staged by the Draper Community Foundation with City funds and with private donations to the foundation for use for this event. Utah Code Ann. 20A-11-1203 prohibits public entities from expending public funds for political purposes or to influence a ballot proposition. Because the Draper Days parade is staged with City's public funds, the City has been advised that this statute effectively prohibits the City from allowing the Draper Days Parade to be used by candidates (or their supporter or opponents) for political campaign purposes, or to advocate for or against a ballot proposition.
Therefore, parade entries which advocate for the election or reelection of a particular candidate, or for or against a political issue or ballot proposition, shall be prohibited on the basis that such political advocacy is not consistent with the Draper Days Parade's purpose as a non-political, family-oriented event that celebrates the City's pioneer heritage.
Currently-serving elected officers who appeared on a ballot in the City may participate in the Draper Days Parade and be identified by name and office to honor their public service. They should not, however, be identified as political candidates in any upcoming election or be allowed to use their participation in the Parade for any campaign purpose not similarly given to other candidates.
The Parade Chair / Committee shall approve or reject proposed entries in the Draper Days Parade in accordance with this policy.
Please note that the number of entries allowed in the parade is 100. Once all of the spots are filled up we will no longer take any applications.
- Please make an effort to make your entries safe for all participants and for all attending the parade. Volunteers will monitor all entries for safety.
- Each entry is required to keep pace for the entire parade route. Performances should be of such a nature that they can be done while moving at parade pace.
- The number and type of advertisements passed out along the parade route will also be limited. If you wish to hand these out please indicate this on your application.
- All motorized vehicle operators must be able to show a valid drivers license and proof of insurance.
- Candy and/or any other item should be handed out by walkers along side your entry rather than thrown. One volunteer must accompany each person who passes out candy to ensure the safety of the children. They will be required to check in with your entry on the day of the parade.
- Each entry is responsible for having someone cleanup after themselves. This applies especially to horse entries. Entrants are required to cleanup after their horses!
Parade Entry Fees
Waived for official Draper Days entries and city royalty floats.
- $20: Entries from non-profit organizations.
- $40: All other entries.
- $50: All entries handing out flyers.
ParkingParking is available along side roads and throughout various surrounding neighborhoods. Please be cautious and thoughtful as you park, leaving driveways, mail boxes, and fire hydrants available for access.
The road between 13800 South and Old English Road on Fort Street will be entirely closed at 6:45 a.m., along with Stokes Avenue from 13400 South to 13800 South. The rest of Fort Street will be closed with no access after 8:15 a.m. The timing on when road closures will end is not exact, but Stokes will likely open around 10:00 AM, along with 300 East from 134th and 138th. Fort will be open as soon as the parade is over, usually around 11 a.m.
DetailsFamilies can begin lining both sides of the parade route early Saturday morning. We are excited to have various announcers throughout the parade route this year to keep you informed of the participants so keep an eye out for an announcer station!
There are approximately 100 participants in the parade each year, consisting of beauty queens from our surrounding cities, vibrant and interactive floats, marching bands, local businesses, drill and dance teams, our own Draper City Council members, Draper City Mayor, and our honorable Grand Marshal! Don't forget your chairs, camera, sunscreen and water bottles