Eagle Scout Projects
Leave a Lasting Impact on Your Community
The focus of the Eagle Scout project is concentrated on developing leadership skills and providing service to a local institution or the community. Your involvement in an Eagle Scout project will have a lasting impact on you and the members of your community. View the application process to get started.
Eagle Scout Application Form
Draper City is anxious and excited to begin working with you on your project! We hope that you are excited, as well.
Draper City takes great pride in assisting young men by providing opportunities for Eagle Scout projects. The following are suggestions for Eagle Scout projects:
- Organize a tree-planting drive for any neighborhood, city street or city park.
- Sponsor an event for the Draper Days event held in July each year.
- Construct and install park and trail signs throughout the city.
- Purchase and install certain park features, including playground equipment, picnic tables, park benches, pavilions, etc.
- Purchase and install a scoreboard to be used at the baseball field.
- Purchase a mobile concession stand for city events.
- Be part of the city's Storm Water Management System, teach a class at school, or create an awareness booth at Draper Days.
- Assist with a Voter Outreach Program in conjunction with a Municipal Election.
- Organize a drive to collect outdated prescription and over-the-counter medications.
Funding the Project
A big portion of your project may be the raising of adequate funds to complete the project. Draper City may have some funding for projects. However, please don't assume that every project will be funded by the city. Under certain circumstances we will not be able to completely or partially fund your project.
It is important to keep alternative forms of funding in mind while planning your project in the event Draper City cannot provide monetary assistance.
Suggested Projects from the City
Draper City has many departments that can benefit from your service. If you are struggling to think of a project, contact us. Under certain circumstances, the city will have a list of projects that need to be completed.
For more information about potential projects, please contact the Public Works Department at (801) 576-6557.