Draper City has completed the installation of a storm drain pipe under the canal on 13800 South (just east of 300 East). The work to extend the storm drain from the canal to 300 East will start in early to mid-April and will be completed mid- to late May. More information regarding potential traffic delays in this area will be provided when it becomes available.
Water Pro is currently installing a new water line in 13800 South from approximately 300 East to Bangerter Pkwy. This project should be completed by April 7th. Minor traffic delays are expected through Water Pro’s construction area, as they will keep one lane in each direction open to the public.
The intersection of 13800 South and Bangerter Parkway will be widened this summer to provide additional traffic lanes in all directions. Construction is anticipated to begin in June and be completed by October. More information will be provided on this project when it becomes available.
For more information on these projects, call Todd Hammond at (801) 576-6336.
600 West Update - March 23, 2017
Crews pouring concrete on mainline Bangerter
▪ Pouring concrete on 600 West ▪ Constructing curb and gutter on east and westbound Bangerter ▪ Next week, paving over the box culverts on 13800 South ▪ Beginning of April, asphalt paving on 13800 South and 13490 South ▪ Mid-April, traffic shifting from the on and off-ramps to mainline Bangerter ▪ Mid-April, detour from eastbound Bangerter to northbound 200 West (left hand turn will be detoured at 600 West to 13800 South)
▪ Installation of overhead signs on east and westbound Bangerter ▪ Construction of mainline Bangerter bridge ▪ Pouring concrete on mainline Bangerter ▪ Signal work on mainline Bangerter ▪ Installation of roadside barrier and fencing ▪ Utility work on 13490 South
Lane Changes on Bangerter
▪ All lanes will be open during peak travel times ▪ 6 am to 9 am - Monday to Friday - eastbound ▪ 4 pm to 7 pm - Monday to Friday - westbound ▪ 12 pm to 4 pm - Saturday - eastbound and westbound (excluding some weekends as noted) Lanes will be reduced by 1 or 2 lanes in each direction during off-peak travel times.
New roadway signs ready for installation
▪ A grade separated interchange will be installed at 600 West. Bangerter Highway will be raised approximately 12 feet to cross over 600 West. ▪ Right turns will still be accessible at 200 West ▪ The new interchange will tie in to local roads on the north and south sides of Bangerter to improve access to local destinations
What to Expect during construction
▪ Traffic and pedestrian detours ▪ Noise ▪ Vibrations ▪ Dust ▪ Business access will be maintained
Crews will be working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Newly installed parapets on the bridge (low, protective walls)
Questions or Comments
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.