Mayor's Youth Council
Children's Bike Parade
About the Council
The City of Draper and Mayor Troy Walker are proud to announce an exciting opportunity for 9th-11th grade students that attend school or reside in Draper.
The Draper City Mayor’s Youth Council provides youth an opportunity to increase their knowledge of civic education through practical hands-on experience. The Youth Council is composed of students in grades 9th-12th who are charged with representing youth in the City of Draper.
Join the Council
Draper City will start accepting applications for Draper Mayor's Youth Council after a "Mandatory Parent and Youth Meeting" on either one of these dates:
- Monday, April 11, 2016: 6 - 6:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 20, 2016: 6 - 6:45 p.m.
The Mayor’s Youth Council will:
- Involve youth in local government through participation on local boards and committees
- Increase youth voice and communication in Draper’s future
- Increase volunteerism among youth and adults in civic affairs
- Enhance civic education through teacher / community training
To apply to be a member of the Draper Youth Council, please fill out the online application. You must also fill out the Parent/Youth Disclosure and the Youth Code of Conduct.
Adult Application to Serve on Youth Council Board
To apply to be a member of one of Draper City's boards (adult advisors), please fill out the online General Boards and Commissions Application.
The Youth Council will help organize and volunteer at city events, such as:
- Easter Egg Scramble
- Draper Days Children’s Parade & Draper Days Parade (July)
- “Meet the Candidates” Night (October)
- Christmas in the Heart of Draper Tree Lighting Celebration (November)
For More Information
Please contact Caroline Sagae for more information. (801) 979-1138