Mayor's Youth Council
Children's Bike Parade
About the Council
The City of Draper and Mayor Troy Walker are proud to announce an exciting opportunity for 9th-12th grade students that attend school or reside in Draper.
The Draper City Mayor’s Youth Council provides youth an opportunity to increase their knowledge of civic education through practical hands-on experience. The Youth Council is composed of students in grades 9th-12th who are charged with representing youth in the City of Draper.
Join the Council
Information about joining the Mayor's Youth Council for the 2017-18 school year will be posted here soon.
The Mayor’s Youth Council will:
- Involve youth in local government through participation on local boards and committees
- Increase youth voice and communication in Draper’s future
- Increase volunteerism among youth and adults in civic affairs
- Enhance civic education through teacher / community training
There is a mandatory parent and student meeting at the City Council chambers for old and new members. You can choose from one of two dates:
Wednesday, April 12th from 6:15 to 7:00 pm OR
Thursday, April 20th from 6:15 pm to 7:00 pm
To apply to be a member of the Draper Youth Council, please fill out the online application. You must also fill out the Youth Disclosure and the Youth Code of Conduct.
Application to Serve on Youth Council Board
To apply to be a member of the Draper City Youth Council Executive Board, please fill out the Executive Leadership Application. You have to have served one year on the youth council before you can apply for an executive position.
The Youth Council will help organize and volunteer at city events, such as:
- Easter Egg Scramble
- Draper Days Children’s Parade & Draper Days Parade (July)
- Haunted Hallow (October)
- Christmas in the Heart of Draper Tree Lighting Celebration (November)
For More Information
Please contact Caroline Sagae for more information. (801) 979-1138