Mayor's Youth Council
About the Council
The City of Draper and Mayor Troy Walker are proud to announce an exciting opportunity for 9th-12th grade students that attend school or reside in Draper. The Draper City Mayor's Youth Council (DCMYC) is getting ready to recruit for the 2018-19 school year. If you are interested, please fill out an application and attend a mandatory student/parent meeting (see below).
The Draper City Mayor’s Youth Council provides youth an opportunity to increase their knowledge of civic education through practical hands-on experience. The Youth Council is composed of students in grades 9th-12th who are charged with representing youth in the City of Draper.
The Mayor’s Youth Council will:
- Involve youth in local government through participation on local boards and committees.
- Increase volunteerism among youth and adults in civic affairs.
- Enhance civic education through teacher / community training.
To apply to be a member of the Draper Youth Council, please print out the application. You must also print out the Youth Disclosure and the Youth Code of Conduct. Turn in your application and other forms to Draper City Administration Office, Attn: Caroline Sagae, Draper Mayor's Youth Council.
Mandatory Parent and Student Meeting
There is a mandatory parent and student meeting at the City Council chambers for old and new members. You can choose from one of two dates:
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018 from 6:15 to 7:00 pm OR
- Monday, April 16, 2018 from 6:15 pm to 7:00 pm
Application to Serve on Youth Council Board
To apply to be a member of the Draper City Youth Council Executive Board, please fill out the Executive Leadership Application. You have to have served one year on the youth council before you can apply for an executive position.
The Youth Council will help organize and volunteer at city events, such as:
- Easter Egg Scramble
- Draper Days Children’s Parade & Draper Days Parade (July)
- Haunted Hallow (October)
- Christmas in the Heart of Draper Tree Lighting Celebration (November)
For More Information
Please contact Caroline Sagae for more information. (801) 979-1138